Human Resources Specialist
DiaCarta is seeking for an HR Specialist at our Richmond office, California. This includes conducting payroll, benefits, training, compensation, recruiting, and customer service for employees.
- Conducts background checks, New Employee Orientation, personnel change request tracking, program coordination.
- Answers general employee questions, data entry into payroll and HR systems
- Alerts management of the company to any issues that require immediate attention
- Assists with compiling data often used for employee annual reviews, employee terminations, and audits from government
- Conducts interviews and paperwork associated with the termination process are handled in this role, as is compliance with labor laws.
- Maintains and updates employee handbooks and employee access portals, and also ensures memos are distributed and read by all employees.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of three years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resource department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), computer hardware and computer servers.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required