Inside Sales Specialist
DiaCarta is recruiting a full-time office based Inside Sales Specialist based in Richmond, CA. The Inside Sales Specialist manages the customer sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the DiaCarta products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. Works closely with the wider sales team to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
- Sales enablement – supply the Field Sales team with qualified leads that have the budget and authority to buy, imminently.
- Meets sales target and is responsible for accurate forecasting and maintaining lead, customer information and into CRM database.
- Respond to incoming enquiries – Filter enquiries, prepare quotations and work closely with sales and product management teams.
- Account intelligence – mapping of researchers within accounts to find key decision makers and new customers.
- Lead generation – identify potential customers, via publication databases, conference speaking panels and other online sources.
- Lead qualification – contact potential leads and qualify for budget, authority, and timeframe. Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails.
- Understand and listen to customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.
- Track and report on all activities to managers.
- Molecular Biology/Diagnostic Kit sales experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills – articulate and quick thinking.
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions using Illumina products & services.
- The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines, be well organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. This role is done majority in office with some travel. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of biotech/industry experience.
- Bachelor’s in Biology or a related field.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|